Links We Love, a compendium of what we're loving right now. Happy armchair traveling.
- So this is how John Derian makes those decoupage plates. I have many in my apartment, and I love giving them as gifts. After watching this video about the creative process, I want to be his intern.
Jeralyn, editorial director
- I thought I was a good packer until I saw these works by Michael Johansson, a Swedish artist who stacks objects with the precision of a Tetrus mastermind.
- Talk about blazing trails! I found this image – of Kathrine Switzer, the first woman to run the Boston marathon (1967) – on Pinterest. Story goes that the race organizer, upon realizing that a woman was in the mix, went after Switzer shouting, "Get the hell out of my race and give me those numbers." But Switzer's boyfriend and other male runners created a human shield around her. She finished that race and went on to compete and win the NYC marathon. Time: 3:07:29.
Crystal, creative director
- A Common Name is geode-bombing LA. I want to find every last one of the graphic designer/artist's tiny hidden gems.
- Maison Lillet is launching its first new product in 50 years, a rose, and they've declared May 17th National Aperitif Day. I plan on observing this new holiday.
Berit, assistant editor
- Bri Emery's Cabo trip has me dreaming of a Mexican getaway with fresh salsa, tequila tastings, and the cool app she used to make this retro-inspired video.
- I’ve been reading about Wander, a new site mixing travel info through the likes of Tumblr and Pinterest, for a little while now. No one seems to know much about it, and countless Google searches have turned up nada. Four weeks until launch. The anticipation is killing me.