Links We Love, a compendium of what we're loving right now. Happy armchair traveling.
Jeralyn, editorial director
- My sister graduated from college this week, and that got me thinking about commencement speeches. Brain Pickings selected 5 1/2 favorites. The common theme? Develop your own compass, build your own path, adhere to your own sense of direction.
- Type City is Hong Seon Jang's miniature metropolis made from vintage letterpress pieces.
Crystal, creative director
- They had me at Pinata Anatomy, but then I found Bug Memorials, and now I obsessively check Carmichael Collective — the web project from creative agency Carmichael Lynch, in Minneapolis — for new posts.
- I've been getting lost on Hejorama.com — in the very best way. They just launched the J'ai 2 Amours T-shirt collection. Where's the L.A. edition?
- The Scent of Departure is a fragrance line that captures cities in a spritz. I'm as curious about the far off places they've bottled up (DOH, ICN) as I am about the more familiar scenes (LAX, CDG).
Berit, assistant editor
- This is my kind of camping. European-style canvas tents, real beds, Pendleton blankets, and carpeted floors. Shelter Co. even goes so far as to set up extras like an outdoor movie theatre or a specially designated dog tent.
- How fun would it be to come across one of Shelley Miller’s temporary mural reproductions on your travels? These sweet works of art are made of white sugar tiles, edible blue paint, and frosting.