For all you music fans out there getting high on festival fumes: Popupla's resident mixtaper Beth Silverman strings together a dozen Coachella anthems for your listening pleasure. You can hear more of Beth's musical selections on her Tumblr .
Heading to the desert? Consider this mixtape as a means to pump you up. Lamenting the fact that you didn't get your act together in time for the fest? Then enjoy the consolation Coachella sampler below. It’s no substitute for the real thing, but there's still a whole summer of festivals to look forward to.
Listen to and get down.
1. "Time to Run," by Lord Huron
Overflowing with strong beats and heartfelt words. Gentle nudge to choose your own adventure with no regrets.
2. "Lightening Bolt," by Jake Bugg
Eighteen-year-olds have no business being this good. Damn straight.
3. "Concrete Schoolyard," by Jurassic 5
Long live the Lyrical Wizards of Hip Hop. This Coachella appearance better mean step one of a comeback. I’ve been missing Chalia 2na’s voice for a good long while.
4. "Shiraz," by Action Bronson
Sharp-witted lyrics from a Queens Chef turned Rapper. Smart career move.
5. "Latch (feat Sam Smith)," by Disclosure
Alternative slow dance jam. Side of irresistible beats. On permanent repeat for me.
6. "Keep It Goin Louder," by Major Lazer
Instant dance party. I can't hear you.
7. "Too Close," by Alex Clare
Poptastically indulgent in all the best ways.
8. "Wandering Star" by Polica
Haunting vocals. You’ll fall hard at first listen.
9. "Glass of the Microscope," by Yeasayer
Pyschadelic pop laced with mighty melancholy lyrics. My favorite track from Fragant World.
10. "Every Man Needs A Companion," by Father John Misty
Sweet and kinda gloomy all at once. The Joseph Campbell reference is the best part. Watch for bonus points.
11. "Crucify Your Mind," by Rodriguez
A singer unknowingly lends a poetic voice to apartheid resistance in the '70s and '80s. His and this song are stunning. If you haven’t watched , do so immediately.
12. "Wakin On a Pretty Day," by Kurt Vile
Perfect track for a roadtrip mix. Even if you’re not headed towards Indio, CA, roll your windows down for this one.