Intimate bistros, cinematic settings, charming cobblestone streets, and plenty of places to sneak a passionate kiss. It's called the City of Love for a reason, and it's the ideal spot for celebrating the start of your marriage. Here's our crib sheet for planning a memorable honeymoon in Paris.
MOST ROMANTIC HOTEL
- Left Bank: L'Hotel is glamorous and loaded with atmosphere. We love the tucked-away location, literary history (Oscar Wilde died here), underground hammam pool, and kind staff.
- Right Bank: , with its white-glove service, largest indoor pool in Paris, stunning outdoor terrace, and Coco Chanel suite, is newly refurbished and totally timeless.
MOST ROMANTIC RESTAURANT
- : A wonderfully grand and discreet restaurant in a former mansion that's now , an equally grand and discreet hotel, where the Michelin-starred dishes have a hint of Japanese influence. Make a night of it with drinks in the hotel's opulent bar.
MOST ROMANTIC STROLL
- Avenue des Champs-Élysées: Start at the Louvre and take the scenic route through . Make your way around , stopping for a crepe and a spin on the Big Wheel, before strolling down Avenue des Champs-Élysées. End your walk at the , where you can climb forty steps to the top for spectacular views.
BEST PHOTO OP
- : Cliche? Yes. Romantic. Totally. Especially at dusk when the lights are twinkling and the crowds are starting to fade.
- : The typewriters, the letters, the photos, and flowers for the ladies. This is the most wonderful, overpriced tourist trap in town for a Certain Kind of Paris Lover. Don't fight it — everyone ends up here. Happily.
PLACE TO BE NAUGHTY
- Les Chandelles: Paris may be the most romantic city on Earth, but it also has a proud tradition of highbrow kink and mischievous pursuits. Test your limits at one of the city's most frequented and notorious sex clubs.
- : Take in Paris from the Seine on a romantic sunset cruise a deux. Pop a bottle of champagne, cheers your union, and enjoy the sites from your own Venetian water taxi.
LET US PLAN YOUR HONEYMOON
Want a little more help planning one of the biggest trips of your life? From booking the best flights to reserving the perfect hotels, meals, and excursions — we do it all. Email the Popupla Travel Desk.