So you didn't take your sweetheart to Paris for Valentine's Day.
But you still have time to take Paris home. With a little inspiration and ingenuity, you can turn breakfast in bed into a Parisian affair. Here's how.
Serve Paris on a Silver Platter
1. Borrow or buy a — chrome, silver, copper will do nicely.
2. Set up a and coffee cup. give a nice touch of room-service class.
3. Serve a hot or crusty baguette on . Don't skimp on the French butter and .
4. It's all about the details: Even the are French.
5. Pick up a copy of , one of nine beautifully printed paperbacks from Penguin's Great Love collection. Or read aloud from a smutty classic like Anaïs Nin's or Marguerite Duras' .
6. For a touch of sweet that's not too saccharine, add in a few pink caramel hearts from .
7. Pull up the covers and play a soundtrack of soundtrack of French chansons. is nostalgia Paree. is like a cool breeze through billowing curtains. together sound like, well, like what you hope to spend the day doing.
8. A single, colorful flower in a . Isn't it romantic?